Allen Asbury is a man who is obviously doing what he loves. He wears a smile as easily as the shirt on his broad shoulders; the laughter in his voice revealing the same joy that is heard in his music. The bright intensity in his eyes reflects the passion of a man for his God, and the satisfaction he has found in sharing it with others.
"This is who I am," he says simply of his growing music ministry. "It becomes who you are. It's your heartbeat. It's not just what you do -- it affects every part of your existence."
It was Asbury's 2002 debut, Somebody's Praying Me Through, which introduced audiences around the world to his emotion-packed vocals and heartfelt songs. The title track was quickly embraced by churches around the globe, and became the theme song in 2003 for both the Presidential Prayer Team and the National Day of Prayer. The album generated two number one songs, and a busy schedule for the new artist.
But when it came time to begin work on his sophomore Doxology Records project, he was ready. Stand offered Allen the opportunity to sharpen his songwriting skills alongside some of the best, and expose his heart in the process. As a result, the personal commitment he feels to uplifting and encouraging the church is transparent in his music.
Since the release of 2002's Somebody's Praying Me Through, it would be no surprise to find that Allen has logged more than a few thousand miles on his frequent flier card. He's done what industry insiders might call "paying his dues" -- sometimes playing to crowds of thousands, other times not even a hundred. It's the life of a contemporary Christian recording artist, even one whose debut has been lauded as "the arrival of a major new talent" by heavyweight Billboard magazine.
It isn't the miles he's traveled nor the dues he's paid that have brought Allen to where he is today. Don't count accolades or accomplishments in the ranks of those things that make this man truly happy. Instead, weigh the lives of those who have been touched by the songs he sings -- or even more, the people who have touched Allen along the way.
"It means a lot to me to know that some way, somehow, what I am doing is making an impact in other people's lives," says Asbury. I am humbled and truly thankful for every life touched and the blessing that have come along the way. It's my calling, it's who I am.... No, it's who He is.... yeah, that's what it's all about. My wife and I pray everyday that we will stay passionate about this awesome call God has placed on us and that by His grace we will stay true to it."
A FEW FUN FACTS ABOUT ALLEN ASBURY
- ORIGINALLY FROM CARLSBAD, NM
- GRADUATED FROM CHRIST FOR THE NATIONS INSTITUTE 1987
- ALSO GRADUATED FROM WEST COAST CHRISTIAN COLLEGE IN FRESNO, CA. 1991 - BA DEGREE IN CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES WITH A PASTORAL EMPHASIS
- ALLEN HAD FOOTBALL, BASEBALL AND TRACK SCHOLARSHIPS BUT GOD HAD OTHER PLANS
- ALLEN WAS MUSIC AND YOUTH PASTOR AT NORTH MAIN CHURCH OF GOD IN WEATHERFORD, TX 1991 - 1993
- FOUND THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE IN WEATHERFORD TEXAS IN 1992, HEIDI LEE COATES
- HEIDI LEE COATES ASBURY HAS BEEN MARRIED TO ALLEN ASBURY FOR 17 YEARS
- ALLEN AND HEIDI HAVE A SEVEN YEAR OLD BOY THAT RULES THE ROOST NAMED TEGAN ALLEN ASBURY & A THREE YEAR OLD GIRL WHO IS A PRINCESS BARBIE
- HAS PLAYED THE ROLE OF SIMON PETER IN THE MUSICAL PRODUCTION CALLED "THE PROMISE" OVER 3000 PERFORMANCES
- THE PROMISE HAS BEEN PERFORMED ON A MASSIVE STAGE AT AN AMPHITHEATER IN GLEN ROSE TEXAS, PERFORMED SIX YEARS IN BRANSON, MO. IN RUSSIA AT THE KREMLIN STATE PALACE. SOUTH KOREA AT THE OLYMPIC STADIUM, IN NEW YORK CITY, AS WELL AS CHURCHES AND ARENAS ACROSS THE USA. NOW, THE SMALLER VERSION OF "THE PROMISE" CALLED, "HIS LIFE." WITH PERFORMANCES OFF BROADWAY - NY, ATLANTA, LOS ANGELES, NEW MEXICO AND INDIANA.
- ALLEN ALSO PLAYED THE ROLE OF JOSEPH IN THE BROADWAY STYLE MUSICAL, "TWO FROM GALILEE"
- ALLEN HAS PLAYED THE ROLE OF SIMON PETER IN THE MUSICAL "THE ROCK, THE REDEEMER & THE RESURRECTION MORNING.
- ALLEN LOVES THE OUTDOORS. LOVES TO HUNT AND FISH
- ALLEN SIGNED WITH DOXOLOGY RECORDS IN 2000
- ALLEN HAS TOURED AND PERFORMED WITH SUCH ARTIST AS NEWSONG, SELAH, WAYNE WATSON, BILL GAITHER, NEWS BOYS, MARK SHULTS, SALVADOR, DALLAS HOLM, NICOLE C. MULLIN, DAVID MEECE AND MANY, MANY MORE
- FOUR NUMBER ONE HITS AND SEVEN TOP TEN SONGS ON RADIO WITH SUCH SONGS AS "ALL ABOUT GRACE - SOMEBODY'S PRAYING ME THROUGH - THE LIGHT OF THAT CITY - WE WILL STAND - THIS IS MY FATHERS WORLD - HE'S ALIVE - LIFE TO THE LIVING
- SOMEBODY'S PRAYING ME THROUGH WENT NUMBER ONE AND WAS THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER AND THE PRESIDENTIAL PRAYER TEAM THEME SONG. SOMEBODY'S PRAYING ME THROUGH IS A SONG OF HOPE FOR OUR MILITARY AND THEIR FAMILIES AS WELL AS A REMINDER TO US ALL OF THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE WHO HAS PRAYED US THROUGH THE TOUGH TIMES IN LIFE
- ALLEN PUT OUT HIS SOPHOMORE PROJECT CALLED "STAND." SINGING WITH RUSS TAFF, THE SONG, "WE WILL STAND." ALSO, SINGING WITH SONYA ISAACS AND JOYCE MARTIN. HIT SONGS OFF OF THAT CD ARE "LIFE TO THE LIVING - WE WILL STAND - THIS IS MY FATHERS WORLD."
- TIMELESS - FAITH & INSPIRATION CD CAME OUT NEXT. THIS PROJECT HAD MANY OF ALLEN'S FAVORITE SONGS ALLEN GREW UP LISTENING TO ALONG WITH THE ARTIST WHO SANG THEM.
TIMELESS - A TREASURY OF FAITH AND INSPIRATION
Disc 11. Great Is The Lord | Allen Asbury
2. I Could Only Imagine | Allen Asbury
3. We Will Stand | Allen Asbury w/ Russ Taff
4. Thank You | Allen Asbury w/ Dallas Holm
5. Mary Did You Know? | Allen Asbury
6. I'm Forgiven | Allen Asbury w/ Bryan Duncan
7. Holy Ground | Allen Asbury w/ Crystal Lewis
8. Rise Again | Allen Asbury w/ The Classic Imperials
9. Butterfly Kisses | Allen Asbury
10. This Is My Father's World | Allen Asbury
11. Wind Beneath My Wings | Allen Asbury w/ Bonnie Keen
12. Another Place, Another Time | Allen Asbury
13. He's Alive | Allen Asbury
1. In Christ Alone | Allen Asbury
2. Sing Your Praise To The Lord | Allen Asbury
3. People Need The Lord | Allen Asbury w/ Babbie Mason
4. I Will Be Here | Allen Asbury
5. Higher Love | Allen Asbury
6. Friends | Allen Asbury w/ Nicole C. Mullen
7. More Than Wonderful | Allen Asbury
8. El Shaddai | Allen Asbury
9. Testify To Love | Allen Asbury
10.Watercolor Ponies | Allen Asbury
11. He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother | Allen Asbury w/ Anthem Ave.
12. I Need Thee Every Hour | Allen Asbury w/ Shannon Wexelberg
13. Praise The Lord | Allen Asbury
- ALLEN ASBURY'S TRUE PASSION IS PRAISE AND WORSHIP. "There is absolutely nothing that compares with gathering with God's people and raising the with collective praise to the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords! It's in HIS presence that amazing, unspeakable things happen. That's where it's at." -Allen Asbury.
- THE ASBURY'S ATTEND Grace Community Assembly with Pastor David Betzer in Branson, MO where Allen leads worship.
The Asbury Family
Thank you so much for supporting our ministry.
It is our desire to stay true to the call God has placed on our lives.
It is our desire to stay true to the call God has placed on our lives.
This ministry has gone far above our imagination in every way. The testimonies from all kinds of people from around the globe have been an encouragement to us as well as humbling. We simply want to offer the hope of Christ to everyone who will listen. We have had hard working people to help us along the way since day one and we do not take that for granted. We ask that you keep us in your prayers. These are dreams come true for us but the road isn't as glamorous as you would think. The way we see it, we are all in this together and we need each other. Thank you for your love, prayers and financial support. May God bless you abundantly in every way!
Allen, Heidi, Tegan & Tensley Asbury